Looking After Your Candle
To ensure you get the maximum pleasure from your candle please read the candle care instructions.
- To ensure an even burn you should burn your candle for 3-4 hours for the first burn until most of the candle wax surface has melted, allowing the wax pool to reach the glass. Do not burn a candle for more than 4 hours at any one time.
- Before each burn, always trim the wick to between 2-5mm.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended, always make sure it is in sight.
- Don’t let the flame touch any part of the glass or candle vessel.
- Place your candle on an even surface and also on a heat resistant surface.
- Don’t put your candle under a shelf. There is a lot of heat above a burning candle and can easily burn the surface above.
- Don’t let your candle burn down to the base. Stop using your candle when there is only 5-10mm of wax left in the bottom of the candle vessel.
- Leave 10cm between burning candles.
- Keep your candle out of draughts and away from children, pets and flammable materials.
- Extinguish your candle by snuffing of dibbing. Never blow your candle out as it can send sparks and hot wax flying. Use a snuffer or better still, a dibber.
If you have any concerns or questions about how to care for your candle please contact us and we will be happy to help you.